Parishes

  • image

Cherukole - St.Mary’s Church

  • Forane : Mavelikkara
  • Parish Priest : 77
  • Address : St.Mary’s Church Cherukole P.O. Mavelikkara Alappuzha 690 104
  • Phone No. : 0479-2307529
  • E-mail :
  • Website :
Liturgical Timing

Catholics of Cherukole were members of Ulunthy Parish.  Considering the difficulties faced by the people in crossing the river to reach Ulunthy church, a separate chapel was erected in 1946.  The present church was completed in 1965.  Cherukole was given the status of a parish in 1976.  St. Mary’s society founded in 1946 plays an important role in the socio-economic development of the parishioners.  A new church is under construction. Vision and Mission of the Parish is to bringing up the prisoners is spiritually and materially.  The parish is located in the bank of Achen Kovil River, it is in Mavelikara Taluk.  Pastoral Priorities of the community is Education and spiritual growth.